Christmas is just this Friday! Wonderfulness is upon us! If you do not celebrate Christmas then that is fine! May you have a wonderful holiday in your own religion! I am a Christian and as such I celebrate Christmas! This post is going to be about some ideas for your family this holiday season! I know that every family has their own traditions but I also know that some new families don’t have traditions yet and want some ideas. This post is for people and families who are both looking for some new traditions and new families looking for some tradition ideas!
Here they are!
- Every year pick out a new Christmas tree ornament!
- This way you have something to remember that Christmas year by.
- Play where’s Waldo
- This is a great way to keep your children occupied while you are trying to find hiding places for those presents!
- Make your own family ornaments
- This is a great way to give your kids a way to feel more involved in decorating for Christmas!
- Countdown the days until Christmas with paper chain links
- No matter how many days you have until Christmas, this is a fun way to get the kids excited about December 25 (hint: the more days you have until Christmas, the more fun this project will be.) Look at your calendar and count how many days are left until Christmas so you know how many rectangular strips/links your chain will need. Then, select your colors and prepare the paper strips. The kids can be as creative as they want to be and add pom-poms, stickers, and drawings to each link. Once the links are decorated, staple them together in a pattern. Then everyday ask the kids to take off a link until you finally reach Christmas day!
- Make some Christmas cookies for their friends at school!
- This is a great way for the kids to get some cool points at school with their friends! P.s.- If you make some for the teachers your kids will get EVEN more cool points!!
There are tons more ideas for you to try out this year and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and you lots and lots of quality time with the people you care about.
As Always, Be Strong and Courageous